As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Google Authenticator in Infestation: New Z is used to 'double' secure accounts and link them to a phone / other device.
Infestation: New Z allows users to 'double' verify accounts using external devices as extra login security measure. Double verification in Infestation: New Z goes through 'Google Authenticator' which is mainly used by phones but can also be used in browsers. The goal of double verification is so users can secure their account more; when double verification setted up; and someone knows that user's password; the person trying to login to the account would still need the user's phone to log in to the account. In this way even if a user's password gets leaked, possible hackers still can't steal / log in to other user's accounts.
Enabling double verification in Infestation: New Z is highly recommended as it makes it very hard for hackers to steal your account.
Enabling Google Authenticator
Here's a step by step guide about how to enable double verification for your Infestation: New Z account. There's some requirements needed for the double verification:
- You are going to need a smartphone that where you can install apps on.
- You are going to need an Infestation: New Z account.
Here's how to set up double verification for your Infestation: New Z account:
- Go to: http://playnewz.com/account.php
- Click on the "security" tab.
- Click on "Launch Google Authenticator".
- You will get a pop-up about "Google Authenticator: Overview". It should show "Current Status: Disabled".
- In the meanwhile go to any 'app store' on your phone and download an app called 'Google Authenticator'. Here's a link to the official app: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/google-authenticator/id388497605?mt=8
- Now (from step 4) click on "next".
- Click on "enable".
- Go back to your phone, open the 'Google Authenticator' app, and somewhere on the top right of your screen should be a "+" button. Click on that.
- Use either "scan bar code" or "scan manually" (what ever you prefer).
- After doing this, the app should add your account on the list and immediately show a code.
- Go back to your computer and type the code in the field. Then click on "Enable Google Auth".
- A message should pop up saying: "Success: Google Authenticator has been disabled".