Item Highlight Color
Item Highlight Color is the color the game uses to highlight items. Also known as the outline around items that are dropped in the game.
Note: Make sure you have your game closed or this will overwrite.
Changing your Item Highlight Color
To change your Item Highlight Color, follow the following steps:
- Go to the following folder: "C:\Users\PCNAME\Documents\FredaikisAB\NewZ".
- Open the following file with notepad or any other text edit program: "gamesettings.ini".
- Scroll down until you find the following lines:
- "items_loot_color_b (###)"
- "items_loot_color_g (###)"
- "items_loot_color_r (###)"
"(###)" in the example above stands as a placeholder for a 3 digit number that we are going to set in the next step.
- Go to any website that can help you pick a color and display a RGB color code.
- Choose the color you want! In our example we are going to use blue:
- Using this tool the color code we received is "RGB (37, 107, 219)"
- Now this part is a bit confusing as the lines in the gamesettings.ini are not in the same order as the RGB output code.
- Put the first number (37) as "items_loot_color_r 37"
- Put the second number (107) as "items_loot_color_g 107"
- Put the third number (219) as "items_loot_color_b 219"
- Your 'gamesettings.ini' file should now look like this:
- Now save the file and your Item Highlight Color In-game is now blue.
Here's also a very useful tutorial made by TypeForced about how to change the item highlight color in Infestation: New Z