There are a variety of vehicles in Infestation: The New Z.
Types of Vehicles
- Buggy - 1 Driver 2 Passengers (Light weight & Fast speed)
- Stryker - 1 Driver 8 passengers (Heavy weight & Slow speed)
- Zombie Killer - 1 Driver 1 Passenger (Medium Weight & Normal speed)
- Zombie Killer Bus - TBA
- Humvee - TBA
You can obtain these vehicles by buying them through the Marketplace or by finding them lying around around the map (vehicle spawner). Vehicles are extremely loud and you will aggro all the zombies in any city/town you enter in. Also when fighting against other players, rolling up in a vehicle isn't the most stealthy plan since their noise volume is very high. If you do happen to find one make sure to keep gas and a repair kit on.
|Zombie Killer Bus||30px|
- To enter a vehicle stand on the driver side while looking at the vehicle and hold E.
- To exit a vehicle simply press E at any time.
- Vehicles have passenger slots which can be accessed by standing on the passenger side of the vehicle and holding E. (If you are having trouble entering, use Third Person view)
- Weapons cannot be used while riding in vehicles no matter what position you are in.
- There are no options to quick switch seating positions. Whoever gets in first is the driver.
Vehicles can be picked up using the F5 key, You must make sure that the vehicle is completely stopped beforehand otherwise the game will disconnect you from the server you're on.
Once in the vehicle you can drive by pressing the W A S D keys or rebinding the drive keys in the options.
- Vehicles cannot destroy city\map objects so use caution when you attempt to maneuver around town with lots of curbs and objects to snag on. You have been warned!
- Vehicles will not take damage on flat, smooth surfaces or leisurely drive off-road but if you hear a loud crash/clunk sound after entering rough terrain, it is a clear sign that you have damaged your vehicle.
- Vehicles instantly eject the driver and catch fire before exploding if they are driven into a large body of water.
- Vehicles between 81-100% durability are considered "armored" and players riding in the vehicle cannot be damaged by bullets when the car is in this durability range. Once this range has fallen below 81%, players inside the vehicle will begin to take damage from bullets and hard landings\crashes.
- Vehicles will begin smoking and eventually catch fire if they fall under 30% durability.
Smoke will start at 30% (Vehicle will start taking damage if no players are in the vehicle) Small Flames at 20% (Vehicle will start taking damage even if players are in the vehicle) Big Flames at 10% (Vehicle will start taking a lot of damage) At zero, the vehicle will explode killing everyone inside or if the player is too close to the vehicle.
Vehicles have 5 bars that symbolize the vehicle durability. Keep Repair Kits handy in case of maintenance needs while traveling.
- Repairing :
- A car can only take so much before it requires attention. Once your vehicle has been damaged, you will have to fix it. Grab a Repair Kit while outside of the vehicle. Open inventory and right click Repair Kit and select the Repair Vehicle option to fix your ride and get back to smashing zombies and survivors of all types!